Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Arting

I have really been battling some low grade depression lately, which manifests itself in not getting much done. I find myself overwhelmed with so much on the to do list, and I tank. I am working with my new Dr to get my thyroid treated, which I know is the source of the depression (but it is such a battle because the current medical establishment thinks that they know everything and the only people who are allowed to make any changes to care patterns are the pharma companies with new drugs-I will now step down off my soapbox).

I need to remember several things:
  • How far He has brought me already and His amazing faithfulness.
  •  Not to place my faith in medicine and the idea of finally being "fixed" but to look to the author and perfecter of my faith to sustain me daily. Or moment by moment, as the case may be. 
  • Even if my days will be like this for the rest of this life, it is but a moment before an eternity with Him and the promise of no more sickness or tears. 

Psalm 59
16 But I will sing of your strength;
    I will sing aloud of your steadfast love in the morning.
For you have been to me a fortress
    and a refuge in the day of my distress.
17 O my Strength, I will sing praises to you,
    for you, O God, are my fortress,
    the God who shows me steadfast love.


The other day, I had a spark of creative energy so I got out several items and did a little 'arting.'
 I gesso-ed in one journal, painted a background in another, and tried an idea on fabric with some deColourant. The deColourant didn't work, so I think I let it sit around too long and it expired. Success and failure are both part of the creative process!

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry you are still having trouble with that darned thyroid!

    ReplyDelete