Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Fun with Felt

Holy smokes, it has been a while since I posted! Summer is such a crazy time with my boy home and I lose track of myself. I have been remiss in taking pictures of completed quilts, but I do have a couple of things to share over the next few days!

Our guild was graced with Kathy Hays as a speaker about a month ago, and she is working on some new ideas in felting. She is a local artist that teaches wet felting and nuno felting. There were some amazing and gorgeous art pieces that she had for her show and tell! 
Kathy also had a new project in the works - she brought about 10 small felted pieces that she wanted quilters to take and do their "quilty thing" with. I was one of the lucky people who got to participate! All of the felted items were unique and inspiring. I hung back to see which would be left behind and took the last one. Then I quilted my piece and sent it off without taking pictures! How silly is that?? Kathy has promised that we will get our pieces back when she is done with them. I will definitely share when it comes back to me! 

She had little 'scrap' pieces for us to use as warmups, but they were beautiful, too! Here is a picture of my 'warm-up' piece:

It is about 5" x 7". And, yes, I did quilt it on my longarm. I can't quilt worth anything on my sweet, little Pfaff. 

(I remember years ago, when I first got my longarm, Micki and I were joking about pinning a little thing on the big machine....I even made her pose for a picture. 
Haha...joke was on me.)


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! The colors are pretty, reminds my of a violet.

    ReplyDelete