Thursday, March 6, 2014

Art Journaling

I have recently become obsessed with art journaling. I love the immediacy and instant gratification you can get from  "arting" in small doses. I love having paint on my fingers. One of my favorite bloggers/artists who shares tons of priceless information is Julie Fei-Fan Balzer. I first saw her work in Cloth, Paper, Scissors magazine. She has great classes, tips, and seems so willing to share with others. I admire that generous spirit. The other blogger/artist that has caught my eye is Mary Brack. I love her style and colors. I purchased a few papers from her on Etsy, too! Look at these amazing circles!
Painted Pages Paper Pack

I was fortunate to be able to take a class with Dina Wakely at my local mixed media shop, Whim So Doodle. The place is amazing!! The class was invaluable in getting me over some of the worry about getting started. I had so much fun and now have a better idea of how easy it is to fit art into my life again!
Here are my pages from the class. 





No comments:

Post a Comment